Google Glass Skeptic

Although this is an exciting new technology that I'm sure EVERYBODY is looking forward to, I would have to say that people shouldn't be so quick to jump on the bandwagon. The technology I am referring to is goggle's newest concoction called "Glass". I'm sure you’ve read about it, heard about it, whatever. I remember even seeing a YouTube video about it a while back.

Like most new technologies, I am pretty skeptical about a few things. The first being that I am blind as hell. I already wear corrective vision. What happens if I decide one day that I want to wear my glasses as opposed to contacts? Will I just have to avoid my Google glass that day? I need answers.

Second, how convenient is it to always have something blocking your view? I assume not all the functions are as transparent as they would need to be in order to remain functional throughout the day. Can I look and do ANYTHING at the same time? Sure, this functionality is great for taking pictures and other things that might be fun hands free, but let’s be real: it’s a constant "eye floater" for a lack of better words.

Lastly, how safe is this Glass technology? We already have laws against people texting and driving. Hell, most people can't even text and walk. What is going to happen when people put these things on their faces every morning and try to use them on the way to work? Walking to class? During a fire?

#ifihadglass I would need to first see that the product is safe, that it is reliable, that the technology is consistent, and that they would double as regular prescription glasses. They would really have to prove this technology to me, seeing that they’re a company that hasn’t even caught on to more simple things, like copy and paste into Google+…but that’s a different story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Importance of Universal Values in a Globalized Society

PM Outside the Box

Trick or Treat: Rumors of Official Announcement for iPhones 5S and 5C